Friday, May 25, 2012

More shares

Happy Friday good people!
And welcome to the long holiday weekend!
Before I head out on a mountain biking trip {my first one!} I have a  couple of layouts to share.
I made both of these with the May kit from Midnight Rooster.
*****
I took advantage of a free 8x10 offer from Walgreens a couple weeks ago & printed this picture I took at one of the highest points at Oak Mountain {which is where I do most of my local mountain biking...the trail system is awesome!}.
This picture is actually looking back down a part of the trail called Red Road.
And it is not actually the best scenic view in the park.
There are much prettier places.
Red Road is a 2.5 mile rocky, torturous uphill climb.
I hate it.
But I love it when I conquer it and get to the top!
That is a great feeling!
*****
OUT
FOR
PUBLICATION
*****
And that is why looking back down Red Road from the top is the best view in the park to me!
:)
*****
Now this next layout is of my friend Lindsay's babies and their 2 grandmothers.

I got a little scissor happy and cut all those flowers out of a sheet of October Afternoon patterned paper.
I mean, who needs fancy embellishments when you can just cut your own out of pretty paper!
:)
OK that was a lot of talking/typing from me.
I'm done!
Happy Friday!
Enjoy your long weekend!
Remember to check back next week for 2, yep 2, giveaways here!
:)
gretchen

1 comment:

CJ said...

Okay. Love the 8x10 pic on that layout. And the "grandmothers" layout? Well, I just might have to do one about myself. I do think you're inspiring me to scrapbook, Gretchen...