Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quiet

So I am kind of being a blog slacker lately.
And I was on a roll there for a while.
Just not alot to say I guess.
Weird.
So I thought I would just post a bunch of stuff.
{you would rather look at stuff rather than read my ramblings anyway, right??!!}
______________________________________________________________
Did you know that BHG Scrapbooks Etc. posts challenges & assignments on their website that give you a chance to get published in their magazine?
{check it out here}
You know the "Make it Yours" section of their magazine where different scrapbookers make their own version of a layout they were given for inspiration?
Well BHG posts those original layouts and you can make your own and have a chance to get published.
Anywoooo, here is a layout I did a while back based on a layout in the August/September issue.
{I forgot I had not shared this layout until I just got my copy.}
The original layout is by Mary MacAskill on pg. 58.
And here is my version...
Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories, Pink Paislee), Lace cardstock (KI Memories), Puffy alphas (Making Memories), Brads (KI Memories)
_____________________________________________________________________________
The challenge on the American Crafts blog a couple of weeks ago was to use their pens to doodle.
I made this little gift set for a friend at work...and used my favorite AC Precision Pens to doodle.
Supplies: Patterned paper; rub-ons; pen (American Crafts), Ribbon (Junkitz)
_____________________________________________________________________________
I made this card using some of the new My Little Shoebox stuff.
{this is from the Imagine a Forest line}
Supplies: Patterned paper; die cuts; tiny alphas; chipboard alphas (My Little Shoebox), Ribbon (Anna Griffin)
_____________________________________________________________________________
And one more thing...
The challenge on the AC blog for this week is to use 2 or more of your favorite AC products.
So here I have used brads {of course!}, those tiny alphabet rub-ons that are old but I still love, and 2 different kinds of Thickers.

Supplies: Album; ribbon; Thickers; Brads; Rub-ons (American Crafts), Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), Cardstock (Prism)

Look familiar?
It probably does if you were at last year's Scrap Etc event (like 2008 last year) in Nashville.
I made about 9,000 class samples using this MOD album and I don't really need but about 2,000 of them anymore.
So I turned one of them into something I will actually use now.
And I am working on finding uses for the rest of them too.
:)
______________________________________________________________
Stay cool!
:)
gretchen

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey you! love love love that "engaged" LO! Totally diggin' the hearts (and the visual triangle ;) )! Cute extras stuff too! I need one of those minis and that gift set is adorable!

bethchien said...

me loves me loves!!! that mini album is so fab, baby!!!

jenney said...

Cute stuff!!