Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hold my hand

Well Brittney once again waved her magic wand and hooked us up with tickets for a Darius Rucker show at the Grand Ole Opry last night!
And then she and Kristen drove up to Nashville early, stood in line {first, of course, because they would have it no other way}, and got us excellent seats.
We were on the 5th row and the only seats in front of us were some sort of VIP section I guess.
{that's where Brittney & Kristen...and Scott who rolled up in there right at showtime...got to sit since they had been smoozing with the Grand Ole Opry staff all day}
It has been ages since I have been to a concert.
I was quickly reminded of my white-girl rhythm {or lack thereof}.
He sounded as good live as he does on his CD!
And for good measure he played a couple of Hootie songs!
{Let Her Cry which he claimed was the first country song he ever wrote and Hold My Hand of course}.
I caught a guitar pick!
{well actually it hit me on the shoulder and then I acted a fool as I scrambled around on the ground trying to pick it up}
Part of the show was taped for Jimmy Kimmel.
I heard that it aired last night live but I also heard it might not air until tomorrow night.
Either way, if you see some pony-tailed chick with a white shirt dancing funny and clapping out of rhythm, it is not me.
{once again, I did not take these pictures. Brittney did. You know, since she was practically up on stage with the band anyway.}
And good times were had by all.
Because we drove home last night and I worked today after only 4 hours of sleep, I am going to bed now.
:)
gretchen

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I do say i am a little jealous! I'm getting pictures in my head as if i'm right there watching you crawling around on the floor looking for a guitar pick hehe. Only you. Love it!!!!! Now, go get some sleep you wild ponytail girl lol

Deanna said...

Fun, fun! Glad y'all had such a great time!

Lisa said...

I'm jealous!! Glad ya'll had fun! I'm a Hootie fan from way back - I love his music!!

Michelle Whitlow said...

oh I LOVE Darius!!! How fun :)

jenney said...

How fun!!