Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to the scrappiness

I think I have recovered from my lack of sleep.
But I have this dang cold thing {not swine flu} thing that keeps lingering.
I think my sleep-deprived night got things stirred up again.
Dang!
Anywhooooo, back to scrappy-related things.
I have a few My Little Shoebox layouts to share.
{and be sure to check out the blog to see what everyone else has been making this month}
All my layouts are from the new Whoo Love you line.
This is a picture from last summer that I have been meaning to scrap but never could find the best papers to use.
Until now.
{and yeah, yeah you are welcome for the shirtless photo}
I had 2 things in mind when I made this next layout.
One thing was to get away from my 2-page layouts where I just line up the pictures in a row and decorate around them.
Accomplished.
And the second thing was that I really wanted to make this big, fun birthday cake!
They had the most fabulous cake at the crop {it was a fun green, not pink though} and I forgot to take a picture of it.
So I decided to make my own instead!
{if you notice, my cake isn't edible...it is best this way}
And this one is for Katie.
Some things, some memories just need to be scrapped.
You never know when you might need a good laugh later.


{please click on this layout & read the journaling so you don't think I am a total cheeseball for using that title}

Happy hump day!
:)
gretchen

10 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my gosh.

Love it all.

The shirtlessness. ;)

The A-FREAKING-DORABLE cake layout...

and of course,

the pear layout. :) :) :)

Awesome stuff girl.

Jennifer said...

Adorable layouts! And the pear LO totally cracked me up ... way to use up the pear!!

Amy L said...

Really enjoyed the pear journaling...and all your awesome pages.

Thanks to your inspiration, I have run every morning this week in my neighborhood! One and 3/4 miles, just walking a little bit!

Anonymous said...

great layouts! and i'm with virginia, thanks for the shirtlessness. :)

Katie said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! What a wonderful way to use the pear!!!!!!! Awesomeness GMac. The cake layout is brilliant. It is truly one of my favs (sp)!!!

Lisa said...

I am SO going to copy your cake! Adorable!! And the PEAR is super cute!! and really - the shirtlessness, there's no need for words there, right? lol

Sasha Holloway said...

Girl your LO is fabulous you know it right .. such a big big inspiration in person and on paper .. so glad I saw you again this summer

hugs and kisses

Sasha

bethchien said...

I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Especially all the photos on the bday layout!! Awesomeness, my friend!
Happy Friday! Hope you have a creative weekend!
B

Michelle Whitlow said...

love it all!!! That cake is absolutely adorable :)

jenney said...

Love it all!!!