Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well that was fun

I am exhausted!
Seriously.
It has taken me about 24 hours to complete this blog post.
{and sadly it isn't even an especially interesting post}
The event went off without a hitch and by the looks of all the craziness that went on {you know who you are} I think a good time was had by all.
We scrapped.
We survived a few paper piercer injuries and a blackout caused by the infamous Elizabeth Kartchner.
{it's her birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZY!}
We shopped.
We heard alot of talk about boobs but Brittney raised $4000 for her 60-mile walk team for breast cancer so it was a good thing.
{however there was a lot of rubbing which may have scarred me a little bit}
Someone paid $400 for Margie's apron.
And someone else paid $250 for another one of Margie's aprons.
Someone actually paid good money for a layout & a mini-album by me. Ones they have never seen before.
{brave soul}
I bought a {much needed} camera strap.
Thank you Nancy Holley.
Fabulous.
We hardly slept.
I met alot of new, fun people & saw some old friends.
There were people not there who were greatly missed.
{coughcoughKatieVirginiaMomCarolynChristinaMandyDeannacoughcough}
We heard very few complaints.
I taught a man for the very first time.
{see below}
He was actually very creative.
Watch out Tim Holtz!
We finished 6 layouts and 6 cards in my class with time to spare.
Shout out to American Crafts, Prism, KI Memories, and My Little Shoebox for helping out with my class!
I actually sat in & completed Jenni Bowlin's class for the first time ever.
I copied her projects exactly.
She is Jenni Bowlin for goodness sake.
I am going to put them up in my house and tell everyone that I made them all by myself.
{chuckle, chuckle}
I have no other pictures than these.
{shame on me}
If you have some good ones, please email them to me!
gretchenmcelveen@yahoo.com
I know there are other interesting quips from the weekend but I am too tired to think of anymore right now.
It is to bed early for me again tonight.
:)
gretchen

7 comments:

Anna Bess said...

Even I, who has LARGE breastesses, may have been scarred a little bitty bit by the rubbings! Had an awesome time! Thanks for your words of wisdom. I am going for it now! Melissa, my crazy friend who bought your 40 layouts ;o) and albumshould be contacting you soon. Awesome class! AWESOME weekend. The hard work you guys put in does not go unnoticed!

Anna Bess

Michelle Whitlow said...

Man, I wish I could have gone!!! Dang cars that need brakes & tires!! hehe Next time!!

Melissa Lemoine said...

Thank God the rubbing didn't make it all the way to the back of the room!! You guys did an awesome job and I personally can't wait until the next time. And this "brave soul" thinks you rock and can't wait for the finished projects! I will be posting pics to my blog because I did kinda sorta rub elbows with the best of the best right??

Melissa

gretchen owens said...

sounds like you guys had a blast! hate that i missed it this year. i know you worked your butt off, so congrats on another successful scrap etc event!

g

mary h. said...

Even though you didn't miss me *hmph!* I did miss you. I was thinking about you the whole time hoping that your class went well. So happy for all of you that it went so great.

btw, I have a Hoffman blog inspired layout coming soon to my blog that I did this weekend.;)

stephanie howell said...

still depressed i wasn't there. oh man.
but SO glad you had fun! xoxo

Just call me "B" said...

Tired, you are tired? Pansy!

Does "hey, liz and gmac, it's after 2am, get out of our room" sound familiar!

Yes, me tired too! Nap today!