Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sad day

May 21, 2009
It is a day that will go down in scrapbooking history.
It is the day that the best scrapbooking store ever closed its doors.
{for good}
Where now will I go to hide out with my uncontrollable scrapbooking addiction?
Where now will I get my fix of My Mind's Eye papers, Making Memories tiny alphas, and Heidi Swapp mailbox letters?
Where now will I go to find others who suffer this same disease?
Where now will I go to find people who convince me that this is all normal and that I do not, in fact, have enough patterned paper in my bag?
Where now will I go to find people who understand that it is best to store things like Basic Grey cutting mats, Making Memories trimmers, and Bind-it-alls in the trunk of your car in order to keep peace in the family?

Please excuse me while I take the rest of the day to mourn.

11 comments:

stephanie howell said...

oh no =( =( i loved that store. did you know this was coming??

erin said...

i'm so sorry to hear that.
there's been many lss closing in the bay area, too.
i hope and pray suzy's doesn't close.

Amy L said...

Oh this is so sad! Just don't know what to say.

Nancy Holley said...

it is just so sad!! welcome to the AWFUL life of having to buy GOOD paper off the internet because Hobby Lobby and Michael's DON'T have it!

Linh C. said...

I hear you. I feel the same way. However, I'm looking forward to the Scripts Kits and to the Events. :)

Lisa said...

The store was like our own little 12 step program - but instead of admitting our problem (Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm addicted to Creative Cafe) we just enabled each other to continue the habit!! Now what will we do?

Katie Burnett said...

: (

amy said...

oh no no no! pooe

gretchen owens said...

that is very sad...a very sad day indeed!!!

mary h. said...

I was very saddened by the news myself. I have found/declare a new "home" though since I got the news. It is an online store with lots of challenges and fun stuff. The site is www.scrapsupply.com . Go check it out, bet you will find some other people you may know.;)

Michelle Whitlow said...

I'm so sad! Now I don't have an excuse to come over to AL!! What's a girl to do????