Sunday, May 24, 2009

Please allow me to brag

Well, please allow me to brag on my husband for a minute.
{I almost did a post about this a while back but couldn't do it without using a slew of cuss words so I just decided against the whole thing all together.}
Lee had worked at a YMCA for ~8 years up until this past February.
He started at the bottom and worked his way all the way up to the associate exec position.
He did not get the exec position when it opened up last fall.
{previously I would have inserted cuss words here because of course I thought he should have gotten that position}
Then he was let go in February when the new management decided "to go in a new direction".
{more cuss words inserted here at the injustice that was done}
OK now back up about 3 years.
Lee and his friend Trey sat downstairs in our living room brainstorming on starting a business.
They talked about crazy stuff like opening a store, selling stuff, and cleaning stuff.
I remember sitting upstairs scrapbooking, overhearing them, and rolling my eyes.
Now come back to present day and the result of that brainstorming session is this: Sentinel Cleaning.
They have been in business for 3 years, clean restaurants all over Alabama and into Tennessee & Georgia, have several employees who work for them, and now there are restaurants we can no longer eat at because my husband knows how dirty they are!
{thankfully most Mexican restaurants aren't too bad-what a relief!}
What a blessing it was for Lee to be able to jump full time into this job when he lost his job at the Y.
I just got mad about it.
Lee saw it as God giving him that push that he needed to make the move to Sentinel full time rather than staying comfortably at the Y where the check was guaranteed every 2 weeks.
{this layout is in the July/August of Memory Makers}
Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories, Basic Grey), Acrylic overlay (KI Memories), Brads (KI Memories), Alphabets (American Crafts), Misc (twine, paint, cardboard)
So not only is he an excellent yard boy, but also he is quite the entrepreneur!
And I am proud of him.
______________________________________________________________________________
And I will leave you with another something I made with the Rise and Shine kit from Noel Mignon.
Supplies: Patterned paper (Jenni Bowlin, My Minds Eye, Creative Imaginations), Die cut border (Crate Paper), Alphabet (Jenni Bowlin)
All supplies from the new Noel Mignon Rise and Shine kit
______________________________________________________________________________


Happy Sunday!
gretchen

5 comments:

carolyn bertram said...

Aww. So happy for both of you.
(you should print out this entry and attach it to the back of your layout) :)

Nubia said...

About time Lee started getting dirty! But seriously I think Lee was some of kind of good luck charm they have added several new accounts since he has been able to dedicate more time to Sentinel!

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome!!! Love the LO too! (and your cute card) : )

Just call me "B" said...

I am thankful that Lee (and you)allowed God to use the job change as a positive! I know that God will honor Lee's fantastic attitude through it all!!!

mary h. said...

How awesome! Maybe I should encourage J with all his many business ideas, huh? Btw, that layout is very cool!