Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It is 33 degrees outside

So I am cuddling up in the warm house and staying out of this crazy cold weather in Alabama in April.
Craziness.
_______________________________________________________________
I have been cutting and punching and kitting like crazy to get ready for the Scrap Etc event at the end of the month.
I am getting excited!
_______________________________________________________________
I added this layout to the KI Gallery this week.
It is for Celeste Smith's blog challenge to scraplift a layout in the KI Gallery.
I chose to scraplift this layout by Rhonday Bonifay.
I turned my layout into a 2-pager but I kept my design similar to Rhonda's.
Also I really wanted to use the cute chipboard buttons and border stickers like she did.
Supplies: all KI Memories
_______________________________________________________________
I got the May CK today.
I always look at 3 articles first:
1) Ali's article,
2) Elizabeth's "Ask Lizzy" column,
& 3) the Becky Higgins sketch.
Ah, the Becky Higgins sketch.
{one of these days...one of these days...CK will publish one of my BH sketch submissions}
Uh, no need for me to hold on to this layout anymore since it will obviously not be in the May issue.
:)
Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories & Basic Grey), Chipboard alphas (American Crafts), Chipboard embellishments (KI Memories), Brads (KI Memories), Tiny alpha stickers (Making Memories)
______________________________________________________________
Anywhooo.
That's all I've got.
Have a lovely evening!
gretchen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They were crazy not to pick that layout! Did you see the bottom of page 103 ;)!

Gretchen said...

Oh! i did see your layout Amy!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

I think your BH sketch LO is fabulous... Good luck in the future.

Belinda said...

I loved your "lifted" scrapbook page. The colors were so cheerful. I, too, love Becky Higgins' sketches. I, too, do not know why your submission wasn't accepted. It was very good.

I've been enjoying your blog.

Just call me "B" said...

First of all, I love the layouts.

Second, if I am not mistaken, a few CK's ago, one of your BH sketches LO's was used?! Pretty sure.

Gretchen said...

oh sweet B I wish you were right.